Friday, June 25, 2010

Fabric Hunts and brownies

EMAIL FOOTER
On the 17th of July I, and a few of my lovely friends will be taking part in a craft market! We're going to be making lots of funky stuff and this week three of us went fabric shopping!
IMG_0190
It was pretty good - we ended up getting five different bits of fabric, all relatively large, and only spent around $12. I really adore op-shopping. The stores around me don't really have much to offer, but Melbourne opshops are generally amazing. Of course, different suburbs offer different clothing (Thomastown for bohemian, St. Kilda for punk) but thats half the fun of opshopping.

So, here were the fruits of our search:
IMG_0192IMG_0193IMG_0191
All photos taken on the beautiful train station bench... lovely...
Here is a close up of the light blue fabric, which is really quite lovely
IMG_0208

I've done pretty much nothing else the rest of the week... I've just been listening to Iggy Pop and trying very hard to finish off schoolwork, without many results.....

Oh, and after we went shopping we made BROWNIES! They were so good I didn't even get a chance to take a photo of them.... but due to following my french teachers instructions on baking (cook for ten minutes on really high, then set in the fridge) they ended up VERY GOOEY.
IMG_0212

So now it's the holidays, i'll hopefully have much more to blog about! Until something like that happens, Adieu!!

No comments:

Post a Comment