Saturday, September 4, 2010

Progress so far...

September has come! And, i've already cheated!! I haven't been wearing my self-stitched pyjamas... it's been to cold and I am the most precious sleeper - I can't be too warm or to cold, everything has to be pitch black, etc etc. Anyway, here are some progress photos:
day 1
Day 1: My camera is terrible! I can't actually remember why I was covering my face here but i'm sure it was a good reason.... This skirt is made from a vintage pattern I picked up for 50c at one of the local Op-shops, and the fabric is corduroy, donated to me by one of my mothers friends (very lovely of her). The top is from this here pattern:http://www.burdastyle.com/patterns/port-elizabeth-cap-sleeve-summer-top which I have made multiple times - it's fantastic!!

day 2
Day 2: Once again, terrible camera. I'm wearing one of my only stretch creations - my favorite t-shirt from a Kwik-Sew pattern. It's impossible to tell here, but my skirt is actually chocolate brown, made from yet another vintage op-shop pattern. I love this skirt - it has the most amazing deep pockets, like, I can actually carry a small book around in them!!

days 3&4
Days 3&4: Okay, I know wearing the same thing two days in a row isn't so classy but - I stayed away from home last night and the dress I was planning to wear today got horribly crinkled on the bike ride over. The top is an altered version of the Port Elizabeth pattern and the skirt is a circle skirt I didn't use a pattern for. So much fun to twirl around in.

Progress report over! And now I will return to drinking tea, reading "Possession" and listening to Nirvana, lucky me :)
Good day!

2 comments:

  1. hi!
    i love you day 3&4 outfit, especially the check print on your top...

    p.s your room reminds me of mine

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you! and i hope your room isn't as much of a mess as mine is.... :)

    ReplyDelete